Friday, October 8, 2010

Day1 - Traveling continued...

Photo of the day: I took my camera out and snapped this photo, without making sure my lens was not foggy, and this is what I got. Waiting to get picked up from the NAYA Airport.



We finally made it Angeles City, where we will be primarily for our trip. Here's a little recap, got to DFW at 10, got on a plane for a 14 hour flight to Incheon Airport for a four hour lay over. Then, we hopped on a plane for a 4 hour flight to Manila, where we spent about an hour going through customs and getting our bags. We then got picked up by my cousin Kathy's husband, Ryan, for a 2 hour, hair raising, drive into Angeles City. Including a little vomit pyrotechnics from, Ryan's little kid... all over my dad. But dad was real cool about it. It was a pretty bumpy ride. It took me back to the days when I was a little kid, and my dad and I would take the bus to Angeles City to visit grandma. It was really great to see my dad like that again. To be honest, I got a bit jealous, but I doubt he wants a 240 lb guy sitting on his lap lol.

I'm just glad we made it in one piece. Tomorrow the fun starts =) Here's a video of the event from that day. Didn't get to finish it because my camera was in my bag and I couldn't film any of the ride to Angeles City. There were a few tense moments. The roads really do look similar to the roads back in the States, but lanes are considered more of a guideline than anything. Pretty crazy.

PS... I really should have bought a power converter, my mac is almost out of juice, and I've till yet to post this bloggity blog. I'll try to find one tomorrow.

PPS... It turns out I don't need a power adapter, the mac plugs right into the wall with no problem. One less thing to buy and that makes me happy =) ...Also, we have internet connection in the room but its very slow. Uploading videos takes forever. So I'll upload that later once I figure out how to save the video in a proper format.

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment