Thursday, October 14, 2010

Philippines Day 7 - Day 3 in Boracay

Just woke up from recovering from a busy 7th day, also our third day here in Boracay. I ended up falling asleep around 5pm, and its now 6am on our 8th day and last day in Boracay. We have to head back to Manila today. I'm sad, but now I know what I'll be missing and I know what I'll be looking forward to when I come back.

So, here's a recap from yesterday. We woke up at 4am so we could meet the guy picking us up at 5am from the lobby to take us to the boat. We finally got there and waited for a little bit for them to get the boat ready. The beach was so peaceful. Listening to the waves break and the tide come in was so relaxing, I can see why people love going to the beach.

We hopped o the boat for 3 hours of fishing. We didn't catch a lot but the experience was worth it. Dad caught a blow fish, and my brother and I caught 7 small fish between the two of us. the boat man caught a red snapper, which was exciting. No rod and reel fishing here, so we used hand lines. Talk about going back to basics.

In the afternoon, we hooked up with another boat man to take us around the island for some snorkeling and lunch on the other side. That was pretty much it. It was great getting to spend some quality time with my dad and my brother. After we got back to the hotel, we all pretty much passed out and didn't wake up until this morning. We're about to have some breakfast and continue packing to head back to Manila. Day 8 will consist of spending time with my mom's side of the family, and visiting my grandmother's final resting place, which is something I've been looking forward to for some time now.

Here's some photos from day 7.





No comments:

Post a Comment