Thursday, October 21, 2010

Philippines Day 13



Last day in the philippines went pretty smoothly, aside from having no power for most of the day. We went and checked out a house that my dad liked, and to be honest, I kind of liked it. It reminded me of our old house in Novaliches, but bigger and prettier. The neighborhood had the same feel though. I just wish that it was closer to the beach. That's my only complaint.

Afterwards, we went to my uncle's house for a goodbye lunch. I just wish I had remembered to bring my big camera to take some nice images, but alas, I forgot it at the hotel, and it was still raining. I really need to upgrade to a camera and lens setup that's weather sealed. Christmas present anyone??

Then we went back to the hotel to start packing. We had to leave at 6pm to make sure we made it to the airport with enough time to check in for our 12:30am flight to Korea. We spent some time packing and talking to Kuya Ramil, who stuck around to see us off.

One of the coolest things about this trip is getting to meet all these cousins I had never met before. The last one is the person who ended up driving us to the hotel. A cousin on the Colle side of the family–Rey. Who made sure we got to the airport just fine.

The craziest thing happened at Manila airport. When you walk in from your drop-off point, you got through an initial security screening, and you go through another screening before you enter the main terminal with the gates. When we got there, they had stopped a guy who had forgotten he had a pistol in his carry on. That's right, a freaking gun!! What boggled me is how in the hell did her get it through the first security screening?? Ah well, it was caught, and the gun was left behind. The person seemed genuinely embarrassed and afraid for his mistake.

It was a nice flight to Korea. I ended up sitting beside some members of the Masonic Lodge. They had gone for a week in the Philippines for a Masonic Lodge convention. Unbeknownst to me, the Masonic Lodge has one of the largest orders in the world. They told me that I should consider joining because of all the perks. Meh, we'll see. They were all headed to Illinois. Making friends are awesome.

After this is a 14 hour flight to Dallas. Home. My own bed. My car. My life as I now know it. This past 2 weeks has been incredible. It was such a great experience and even greater because I was with my brother and my dad. A great start to a new blog too. I'll be posting as I get into some food adventure, trip, or if I just feel like it. Thanks to everyone who is reading this for keeping up with me. Until next time.





GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment