Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First post

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Some quick info about me. I'm Glenn. I'm a graphic designer and a photographer. One of the things I love doing is going somewhere where they have some amazing food, with the people I care about the most. Getting to go on what I call adventures.

I am starting this blog for a couple of reasons. First, I realized recently that I do quite a bit of traveling on the weekends when I'm not working, and seeing places that I have never been before, even if its in my own backyard. Texas is a big place, and there's so many things to go see, things to do, and places to eat. I normally drive everywhere I go in my car, Samantha. I want to be able to look back and see these places, not just through my photographs, but through videos so that I can relive my experiences, moments and thoughts.

Secondly, I find myself taking photos of food before I eat them. May it be good Texas BBQ, Mexican food, Sushi, comfort food, etc… if I'm about to eat it, I'm taking a photo with it first with my cell phone. More importantly, I'm pretty open minded about the food that I eat. If it looks good, I'm eating it. Most of my friends find it hard to believe that I will most of the things I've said I've tried. So instead of taking photos of me eating the food, I thought I'd do one better and put it on video.

Finally, why start this now? I'm about to head home to the Philippines with my dad and my brother. Were going to be going to places I've always wanted to go. So I'm taking this opportunity to start this blog with a big trip rather than a small one. The plan is to shoot video everyday and post it up as I get internet access. We're there for 14 days, so a total of 14 videos will be created at the end of everyday to post to this blog.

This'll be fun. Thanks for reading.

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment