Friday, October 15, 2010

Philippines Day 8 - Last Day in Boracay

You'd think 12 hours of sleep would be sufficient for someone who barely sleeps. Well, by 8 o'clock tonight, I was ready to go to bed again.

The day started off pretty smoothly with our return trip to Manila. No diversions, no delays, it was pretty smooth sailing. Until getting to Manila. Traffic is horrendous! Here I thought that the trip from Kalibo to Caticlan was bad. Sheesh!

The plane ride was ok, aside from the landing which was pretty nerve-wracking. I've never felt a plane drifting while in the process of landing. Drifting in a car is one thing, but drifting in a plane trying to land with people on board is whole other experience.

There are plenty of folks in the Philippines driving motorcycles. They're not Harley Davidson's or anything, but they're small enough and fast enough to get where you are going. They're more like mopeds, really. You know, small enough to fit between buses, trucks, and cars. Also for weaving around traffic, getting on sidewalks, going underneath 18 wheelers during traffic because you REALLY need to get to the other side. Also, they need to be easy to operate because you need one hand to text while you are doing all of the above. Not to mention paying attention to the 2 kids sitting in front of you, and the wife sitting behind you. OH MY GOD!!!!! No guts, no glory, I guess. One thing is for damn sure, I am NEVER going to complain about Dallas rush hour traffic EVER again.

We were picked up by my cousin Kuya Bong ("Kuya" means older brother) and my mom's beautiful sister (i know, i know… I'm trying to get on her good side =) and she is beautiful just like my mom). Afterwards, we all met up with the rest of the bunch in Marikina City at Gerry's Restaurant. We ate some snails, mangoes, and lots of other goodies. The video will have it all soon as I get it edited and uploaded.

I was incredibly excited to see my cousin Mikki. Probably my favorite cousin ever! (No offense to anyone!! I love you guys all the same!) Mikki and my twin were inseparable when we were little, so she's like our triplet. I was surprised to see how my other Godson, Aaron, has grown. Aaron is Kuya Bong's youngest son. At 11 year old, he's almost as tall as I am. Imagine that, the last time I saw him, he was 6, and was very tiny. Man, I'm old.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that my dad and brother tried to marry me off once more to the receptionist at Kikko's Resort in Boracay. So wrong in many, many ways. First of all they waited until we were leaving to try and hook me up, and second, I actually would have went for it we weren't leaving.. SNOOGANS!

Here's some photos from the day. The sun reflecting off my watch through the plane window.


Ominous cloud formations.



My brother packing for our return to Manila.


My dad watching TV.


My brother flipping me off because I was being a smart ass.


My lovely Tita Gay and my dad ("Tita" means Aunt)


Ate Tess, my Godson, Mark's mom ("Ate" pronounced, Ah-te, means older sister) Isn't she cute?? =)

Videos are slowly but surely being uploaded.

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment